Thanks for the feedback guys! I am definitely considering it all and will implement parts of it.

Sorry about the slow server, it downloads in 15 min for me, but this is probably because I'm in North America.

Below I'll comment on some requests:

The kart movement - Yeah, this is a tricky devil. I noticed someone said it was too smooth and another said too tight. I modeled it a bit after the DS version of MarioKart, which I always thought was the best(didn't like the console ones past N64). But there is always room for improvement. So I am going to be editing some camera work to better flow with it, and I still have to add the differences to the different karts better. That way weight will actually come into play. I will also add an option to turn on the spot for battle levels.

As for controls, you can already change these through the settings screen for keyboard and joystick. There just not saved yet, saving/loading only works for the main graphics options. But if this is not working either, please let me know? It should output to a text file.

Quote:
-I missed an option to zoom out, or did not find it.
best is to use the Mousewheel for that

Good idea for the race mode!

Quote:
-in the SunDesert Map, you should add some markers (arrows / sighns) where
the track goes.

I will do that. Most of the levels have these, but I guess I forgot to put in desert and temple, lol.

Quote:
-let the Options for the quicksetting: Fast/Normal/Good (or so) Graphics
stand out a bit more. They should get some bigger slider.

I can increase the panel sizes for these a bit.

Quote:
best is to have a "Back" Button always on the same position,
and jumping one page back.

This makes sense. I will definitely put this in.

Quote:
-performance wise it runs ok on my computer. The main
problem is a big slowdown, everytime I close in
on a "bundle" of transparent sprites. (effects, fog, etc)

Yeah, I'm not sure on this one, but I've noticed the slow down too. I'm thinking of going light on sprites and particles due to it. Is it A8 or something with the post-processing?

Quote:
-BUG: when i was in the timetrial/VSMode, the Backbutton did not react, making the game hang in the menu

Did the game hang infinitely? Or eventually make it's way back to the main menu. If the latter, it might have just been loading things slowly.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the onslaught mode and see how it reacts.

As for the online modes:

Yeah I understand that people want to play others. So I like the idea of a persistent posting board. As well, I will add so you see how many are playing, and how many registered. On top of that, I plan to add dedicated server support before release, and run my own server 24/7.

The multiplayer battle is actually the best part of Silas, so I hope everyone tries it on their LAN's, or we make a time to do some gaming. laugh

There is not many playing right now because these boards are the only place I posted the demo. But Silas will be released through some digital distribution services when done. Though I can't say forsure which ones yet.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/