im going to give my oponions on some of the contest entries. I am going to exclude my own game.

lets start with who i believe had one of the best entries.

Grunts - Grunts was a very good game the graphics were unique and solid. the music and they phrases flowed with the whole game. the enemies were the only thing i think need a little improvement. not sure how to improve them but they seemed unrewarding. the last part of the first section was difficult and i still have yet to beat it. the puzzle was cool too. Good Job Guys!!!

in no particular order from here.....

Schutzkontakt - Im not sure what the name means or what it says for that matter. however i thought this was one of the better entries. i was excited to play then all of a sudden it was over frown and i was full of disappointment. i didn't even get to use that shiny gun i had. the graphics were the best in the competition in my opinion. it just needed a longer story and maybe an enemy or two.

Transport Genious - This is a game i was also excited to play when i first saw it. i own all the railroad tycoons as well as other tycoon games. i love trains so i was excited with this project. until i played it. it was full of bugs. at first i was confused and did not know what to do then i started clicking things and built a station and started building some track but i could not curve the track. then i somehow managed to get the depot thing where the trains come out of to work but it was on top of my station and glitched out. then the train moved a little bit and got stuck. i was very confused and very disappointed with all the bugs. ultimately i could not get the game to work and i tried a dozen times. I like the concept and you do have a good start to the game but it needs a lot of work. keep it up and im sure you can get the game on the right track. good luck to you.

Box 2d - This i had little expectations for. then i played it and thought it was one of the best projects in the contest. i had fun with each demo and i played with the stacked boxes for quite some time. just watching them fall over and interact with each other was very cool. Good Job!!

The Gurb - the gurb was a fun little game. it needs a little work just some minor things. like a way to skip the intro and the bullets would kill enemies off the screen, and when you walk up the ladder it continues the animation if you do not let go of the button. other then that it was a fun game. i wish there was more content thoe. Keep it up!!

The Hero Biography - It was very hard for me to get the game running. i finally did get it to work and i was impressed with some of it. the combat system is not for me. not that you didnt do a good job its just not my style. thats the same reason i cant play final fantasy. im no good with turn based games. it seemed like it was always loading something. in the town some things were incomplete and some of the graphics did not match the other graphics. anything in chinese i did not understand and i did not know where to go or what to do. some people like this type of game but its just not for me. keep it up thoe you do have a great start!!

Simons Ghost - I got up to 18 and i did like this game. its simple and easy to understand. an online high score would be great for this game and it would have drawn more people to it. I rember the game when i was a kid and i was excited to play it. good job laugh

Last edited by msmith2468; 03/12/11 22:47.

Mikes Wicked Games

www.mikeswickedgames.com