of course everything gets mixed together in the grid but you can control where your money goes to.

and ever heard of HVDC? a european HVDC grid would make a lot of sense. i wouldn't like to depend on some african countries either but there also is norway, spain and so on.

shooting the waste into space would be crazy. rocket technology is about as reliable as nuclear power plant technology. laugh there are about 500 nuclear power plants on the planet and more than every 100th has had a very severe accident in the last 50 years. i don't think this is a very good rate if you think what is at stake.

i don't know what kind of plant poland is building but i hope something more modern than germany's oldest plants? so switching off the oldest german plants doesn't have to be silly. but probably this just is an election thing anyway. the cdu and fpd seem to be a little scared.

the waste under control? the germans seem to have a lot fun in asse.

just because a strong quake is very unlikely doesn't mean that it can't happen in europe. some plants like the one in slovenia are on risky faults. the plants also often are near rivers were floods can happen too.