Originally Posted By: Xarthor
Well, so we can store the radioactive-waste in your basement? What I mean is: Sure we have no major earthquakes here. (there are smaller ones in some parts of germany) But nevertheless technology can fail and the amount of damage if a nuclear power plant fails is so much bigger than in any other case that you just cannot call it safe. Furthermore there is still no method of handling the radioactive-waste and store it in the future.

The Castor containers are perfectly safe, and would survive a fall from a bridge with no damage other than some paint scratches, so yes, I would allow them to store one in my basement (if they can figure out how to fit it through the doors)

And I don't know how often I have to keep saying this: There is a solution to the depleted waste from the NPPs. It's called a Traveling Wave Reactor. The problem is that almost noone wants to invest money in it, because there is no profit in it for a long time (development, prototype building, mass production) before money comes back.

So instead of complaining about nuclear power plants, how about complaining to the government that they should invest some money in TWR's instead of using the tax money to fly around the world in private jets?

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku