Thanks Redeemer. Unfortunately Steam said they do not wish to launch the game on their service. Which quite odd, since they give no reason(not even an hint), even though I talked with them in person twice. Steam was the only one who never had time to even see a demo in person. And they generally take months to get back via email.

I think Steam as a monopoly is extremely hard for start-ups/first product developers like myself to get on. They usually don't even test your game... Your best bet is to either sell alot of copies, have great press, have a publisher, win the IGF, or have a known name. I have none of these yet. The games quality itself doesn't matter until you can prove some of these points. Unless you perhaps got on Steam many years ago when they weren't nearly as big and busy. But I still hold out some hope that one day after Silas's release the game can take off enough that they'll eventually release it.

But aside from that, it looks quite promising on all the other digital distribution fronts as they all loved the demo and think it will do great!

As independants we should all be sure to support the other digital distribution channels as well. The reasons for this is that if you build a traditional game, and Steam owns 90% of that market and they ignore you, your pretty much screwed. wink This is of course a very bad thing, and exactly what happened to the retail market. So we need to avoid the iron grip type of monopoly on digital distribution.

I have finished changing my network code big-time, so hopefully there will be no more crashes with more than 3 players. Right now I am currently implementing features requested by everyone to make the lobby system more robust.

Look for the next beta early next week. laugh

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/