Originally Posted By: AlbertoT
I had in mind to switch to dxstudio for small projects as an alternative to Unity since its programming style is ugly, in my opinion, while dxstudio is quite clean

I found the programming in Unity not ugly at all. I can do so much with just a little code. The names of the class members and properties are so intuitive that it is easy to get into it. I found it much more intuitive than names like vec_for_anything.

The only problem that you might have is the usage of components. This can produce some longer code lines. The reason for that is that a component is not a member of the class you are just using, it is actually external code that is linked with the current object. So you have to name the component and its type and this creates more text. But most of the time you attach code directly to a game object and because of that you have very easy code. Only if you address objects outside of the current game object you need some more code. And you can also store something like this in a variable to call it more easily next time.

But there are reasons to use components. I saw this a lot in the modern game industry. Engines like Vision3d from Trinigy or many in-house solutions of professional game companies use components as well. This is a flexible solution. You can attach them to many objects while you dont have to include the functionality as a member into each class. Thus it is more efficient uses less memory but is not as convenient as just calling a class member.
But there are good reasons that the industry went this way.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft