Originally Posted By: Germanunkol
I disagree. I'd like third person more, because it's different from those standard first person shooters. There's millions of first person shooters out there. Of course there's also a lot of third person shooters, but not as many, and it would set the game apart from all those c-strike like games. Why remake C-Strike if we already have it? I don't think an indies network code will ever compare with valve's network code if he also has to do art, animation, game logic and menus. Which is why I wouldn't even try.

Apart from that, IF you make it first person (which I think has been decided now) then don't switch between modes. It might be the first idea that pops into mind which pleases everyone, but a third person camera always allows you to look around corners where you couldn't in first person mode. So if someone is in first person mode he'll be detected much faster than people playing in third person, and this will be extremly hard to make fair and balanced.

Originally Posted By: darkinferno
well personally i dont like these counterstrike like pc fps games, theres too many .. you'll have to do something dramatic to really seperate yourself from them

I think having a intuitive and nice third person view is really difficult and I wasn't very happy with the result I got. I asked here some days ago about changing to FPS and the most part agreed, and I decided to go for FPS.

3D Gamestudio A8 Pro
AMD FX 8350 4.00 Ghz
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB