Originally Posted By: Toast
I'm also dissapointed about that big elevator tower building. You did this great model where you even modeled every step of the stairs and then use pretty much two simple big blocks for the entire building? It feels like Half-Life 1 level of detail meets Crysis... wink

That is because reality meets Half Life 1 and Crysis. Look, here is the original image of this building. I made it exactly like this:

The same counts for the front loader vehicle. I tried to be close to the reality. If our customers dont like the reality then we will do more scifi and fantasy in the future again wink
It is indeed easier to add more texture detail in a fictional area. Reality often does not have tons of details. That is why many artists prefer dirty and destroyed objects, they offer simply more details and character. But the reality with working machines that get cleaned after work is different:

It was really hard work and a new experiment to try to offer some vehicles in addition to our buildings. If it does not work out as a success we will just leave it in the future. It is too much work anyway for such bundled packages. I mean, in TurboSquid you will pay at least $100 for an untextured model of that kind.

We bundled 2 vehicles with a few buildings to make a more attractive pack. Many weeks of hard work went into it. But like always we will learn from the feedback and from the sales numbers. So don't worry.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft