So, I've been playing around with physX for a while in a test project of mine, creating char entities with kinematic physics, rigid sphere entities, and static WMB entities.

And I've discovered, to my own dismay, that Gamestudio's implementation of PhysX sucks.

I'm sorry, it really does. Here's my biggest problems with it:

- pXent_movechar() is super inaccurate and uncontrollable. Many times an entity will stop moving before it even collides with an object, although I can get close to it anyway by sliding up against it. In addition, pXent_movechar() will cause entities to bump over and around objects, even if there's no way they can or should!

- WMB entities don't set the size of their BBoxes properly! As a test, I created a rigid, dynamic sphere body and started rolling it around on a bunch of WMB entities. To my annoyance, I found that the sphere will fall partly into a WMB entity! I know it's a problem with the WMB entity, because all other physics objects collide with the sphere normally. What's the deal?

- There's no way to control the size of an entity's BBox! seriously, pXent_setskinwidth() just doesn't work at all. In fact, it does the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do. I know, because I've tried passing it multiple different positive and negative values, fractional and non-fractional. But it doesn't work worth beans.

- With PH_CHAR and kinematic entities, boxes are treated like ellipsoids. This is exactly what I was trying to escape in the first place!

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!