Uh, yeah, the measurement is in Fahrenheit. If it was anything you could be sure I was dead.

Quote:
Is that much of a surprise that americans use fahrenheit? They even write the date in a stupid format

Ah hah! I spend a lot of time with Europeans online so I've trained myself to use a universal format that anyone will recognize:

2011/04/13

As for the temperature, I suppose Celsius would've been better to use, but I was simply directly reporting my thermometer's reading. wink

EDIT: I've thought about this before, but Americans are notorious for having nonstandard or out-of-date measurement systems that require translation for use in anything practical (inches, feet, degrees Fahrenheit, MM/DD/YY, etc.) I've always believed that the cause for this was our geographical location; in the years where these measurement systems were replaced with better systems, we were out of contact enough that we just kept the old ones. We missed the update, and now our society has suffered as a result. frown

IMO they ought to start teaching American students how to read lengths in meters, temperatures in Celsius, and dates as YYYY/MM/DD, etc.

Last edited by Redeemer; 04/13/11 15:07.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!