Originally Posted By: ratchet
The Class at final only represents something containing Methods and Variables ! If you don't use inheritence you won't win a lot !

Well, class might be the wrong name, but give me a better one. Its certainly not just a struct and not just a lot of functions but something that combines both.

About the inheritance, you can do this in Lite Foundation too, you can even build class clusters that use a proxy object to present a standard interface to work with the objects, you can also implement classes that can turn into faults and such things.
But I see that there is no way for class to name its superclass, I will add such a thing into the next runtime update so that classes can pose as other classes.

EDIT: Actually, you WIN a lot even without inheritance, you get the whole reference counting environment and lots of other nice things for free. Eg. you can ask _ANY_ Lite Foundation object for its hash or if its equal to something without inheriting from anything at all.

If you use "include files (.h)" that contains also variables, methods, it can be similar in some ways to a Class !

Certainly no, thats not a OOP approach as you can't create instances of the .h file or so, so you have just the one instance and thats it.

I don't see interest of making Class system in a script language !
The script is meaned to go fast and simple and easy for newbbies or 3D artist, that i think don't wan't to understand
all Classes and all Object Oriented Stuff laugh !

Luckily, Lite-C can be compiled into directly executable binaries, so why compare it with a scripting language? If you want to gain more power on a high level way, you can use Lite Foundations runtime and leave the whole standard library out, its certainly simpler than doing all this stuff by yourself, especially as a 3D artist or newbie.

EDIT; If you don't want to code a line as 3D artist thats just fine but then you either have a programmer that will do this for you or you don't use Gamestudio.

So won't it be more simple to use C# directly with A8 no ?

Sure, people who like C# might get the better deal by using it. But although the name Lite Foundation implies that its only for Lite-C, its certainly not developed for Lite-C (just look into the scripts and the whole #ifdef's that are inserted just to support Lite-C). However, it is developed to serve as a foundation for my Kernel project which is just C and I hate C# so its the better tradeoff for me. And as I'm a nice person, I took the time to port it so it can also be compiled with Lite-C

perhaps it's
the next evolution of Lite C laugh ??

No, its for sure not a evolution of the language as it doesn't extend the language or changes the compiler or anything like this. Its just a bit of code!

Last edited by JustSid; 04/20/11 16:36. Reason: added some thoughts to the post

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com