Just tested it laugh

Well in advanced lightennig put on :
Shadows are here for objects, , level meshes are lightampped greatly on terrain : really good !

Terrain Editor :

Terrain just great, ingame you can deform, paint ; and you can use normal maps on terrain (not tested) !

Material editor :
For each object you can tweak on standard slots:
Diffuse, Normal,Specular and choose the texture, no shader
stuff to tweak : Perfect for artists !
And there are some 5 other slots like Glow, detail texture etc ...

Road and river editor :
Just great and functionnal , nothing to say, even underwater color, physic movement parameters
are in and tweakable !

Lightening:
Add sun, scattered sun, clouds, lights ...
All ready to work on your level !
I don't know if there is a light manager, or parameters distance to tweak or if it is entirely to you to activate / deactivate light depending on camera distance ?

Object inspector :
It's like a window showing in game a 3D model in details, you can view/play each animation , view / tweak properties etc ...
Just Great, you tweak your in game.

Physics :

For standards stuff : It's Solid (just play the demo also) !

Performance :
Some good amount of objects without LOD, the level runs smooth ! Now lot of stuff , with NPC, more stuff models, AI, HUD, i think people will have to be clever and do like Industry AAA games and use LOD !
For level based games with a map to travel : no problem at all
i think !

Bugs or missing things :
Yes, footprints where activated, and on terrain with adavnced lightening on shadows, there was polygon of the decal showing frown
Strange i didn't find any folliage painting tool to paint grass on terrain frown

My personnal conclusion :

-But strange the simple room demo was smooth but i don't find enought on my computer ???
And the level i made with good stuff was ok on framerate ??
(i think particles can eat power, it's up to you to
activate i think by script as camera comes near like in AAA Games havign some particles LOD quality )

-For 99$ :
Just very solid for 3D artist wanting ready to use tools to make levels with standards shaders, direct terrain, road, rivers, direct lighmapping on terrain etc ... all that on the fly without programming !
And lot lot of parameters are tweakable in properties for each thing !
Well 3D artists can express themselves Directly !
If they want more they have to find a Script programmer or C++ programmer !
I don't have tested what we can do by script : it will be perhaps if i have time the next step !

Well ... i find it's a good deal for 99$ if you can by pass the bugs you'll encounter !
If ask for latest shaders stuff, you'll have to write it yourself or wait ???
It's ready to use !

And well proven you can make commercial games :
Hinterland

Last edited by ratchet; 04/21/11 22:37.