Quote:

Struggling to get this up and running. I went through many of the issues others have here and made alot of progress - and now have the model showing up not black and the normal map appears to be showing through, but has issues:

1) the light cuts off abruptly
2) the spec doesn't seem to be doing anything - I have a radial black to white gradient in the alpha of the color map (have tried a bunch of things here)
3)The surface doesn't look bumpy - the low areas are white and the high areas are grey.
4) light range doesn't seem to have an affect. The light always seems to have a range of about 300.

- and finally stripped everything down to the most basic level. Hopefully didn't strip out too much.

Running 6800 forceware 77.77 - GS 6.314 commercial - here is my data

model fx file
world fx file
model 2.0 fx file
wmb
wdl
screen shot
model
tga normal map

I have tried the 2.0 version, although my card is speced for 3.0. I have tried using maps with and without alpha for both the color and normal map.

I am just working on getting the model shader working right now - world shader is another story.

Any help is always appreciated. Somehow I suspect my videocard and drivers, although I have updated to the latest dx9c and nvidia drivers.

Right now the sphere model color map is only grey with a normal map in skin 2 - as I am just trying to see the normal mapping working right now.

oh-- It says that the fx files need to be in the 'worlds' folder. I tried making a folder named worlds and putting them in it, but they were not found - then moved them back to the root and no longer got the error - so I assumed the 'world' folder meant the folder with your world data in it?

I downloaded theses files, and how lucky i am... i open the project, he say that cant find ap.wad, and when i do run, e gives me many error in the script!

Whats going on with my Engine?

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=560847&an=0&page=0#560847 Cmon every one! Help me building this camera script! The first of its kind in 3dgs! Thnkx to everyone who helped me in my questions