Thanks Doug. I was hoping physics was going to be a magic bullet for me here. This is sounding more and more fun all the time. I've got cbabe weightless and moving around inside the cylinder now, banging into the walls like a chick in a washing machine..

I figured I could use the distance to x_axis for my g force, and I have the formula to calculate that for different cylinder sizes and rotation speeds. Thanks for the Pythagoran tip. I'd forgotten about that. That would be excellent. Then it doesn't matter what the rotation speed is at different levels I can just figure her aspect with respect to the floor and apply a force along the axis\entity line.

The thing about mimicing gravity with centripital force is that "down" is not on a straight line with the axis\cylinder wall intersection. You are always leaning a little forward into the direction of rotation as you are carried around. So when you walk in the direction of rotation, it feels like you are walikng uphill. But when you walk in the other direction, against the rotation, it feels like you are walking downhill. The interior of the cylinder will be all uphill in one direction and down in another, Very Escheresque.

Thanks for the pointer, so to speak. <g>

b. rgds. T "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger. Are you sure you don't you mean stronger? Yes. Quite sure." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ A6 Commercial Ver 6.5