or you don't really know what next gen is
Well if my textures are bad ok, but it's Next Gen :
Normal map, specular map and Medium LOD, i can easily
add lot more polygons in retopology at any time !
But i thaught for 3DGS people and A8 engine, im' not sure lot
more polygons will make a difference, and less polygons it's lot more power with A8 to do other things : optimisation !
Next Gen don't mean also lot of polygons only !

-------------

Sorry, but i think you haven't followed all the thread.

- I begun to make it on Zbrush than baking afetr import in 3D Coat failed : merged subtools posed a problem
- then tried to restart from 3D Coat, but abandonned bored to have to do all again
- then went back Zbrush made one mesh,trying to decimate for import into 3D coat : failed
- Then redone all from Zero in 3D Coat

------- LOT LOT OF TIME LOOSED AND VERY VERY BORRING REDOING IT ALL , SO YES THIS IS TIRING laugh ---------------

For the character and textures : im' bad at textures !

I Proposed anybody to give me some ideas of textures/colors :
nobody answered , so nobody interested : so i don't mind a lot !!

It will be a free character anyone can reset the normal map,diffuse and specular colors with a plain color and repaint it as they wish.

So you can also express yourself and show us good textures laugh
Next time i'll make a free contribution i won't make the textures and normal map painting : it will be to users to
paint them as they want , i think it's ideal solution.

-----------------

Same things for polygons, if you want more, just add LOOP CUTS, the UV will remain the same.

And for a RPG action game for example, where you battlle hordes of goblins, with far camera it will be really ok, and i think people will have to lower polygons on the head also !

Well it's FREE contribution, and better than the basic GUARD and other character models of 3DGS for an action RPG game.

Last edited by ratchet; 05/27/11 08:31.