Wow. Seriously. This has totally gotten out of hand.

Here goes! Our favorite forum disclaimer: I'm not a moderator, I shouldn't be one, and I should probably shut up, now. But instead...

ratchet, it's easy to see that you're upset. I'm sorry to see that, and I guess I can understand - it can be quite painful to hear negative feedback (justified or not) about something you've spent a lot of time on. Additionally, there's a language barrier here in place, since neither you nor JustSid are native speakers. This complicates matters.
I believe that you misunderstood JustSid's comment to be more aggressive than it was intented to be. Realize this, even if he claimed your troll model was awful, then that is a comment about the screenshot he saw, representing a state of the model. It's important to realize that it was not a comment about you.
Yes, I get that he may have... implied certain things. But you and I (and he, too) know that those are guesses at best, and warped views on things at worst. No one said you were unable to model, and no one ever honestly could, based on a single screenshot.
Now, you sadly have made the mistake to reply in anger. This is, usually, a bad idea, and I believe this time is no exception. No matter how angry you are, the best way to deal with it is to not post on the internet. It is a bit sad to see your usually friendly, calm and collected self turn into this. If you notice that you've written entire paragraphs in ALL-CAPS, then that is a sure sign to take a break and not reply. If you feel that someone trolls you, then why even grace the guy with a reply? Isn't it much better to make him feel like he wasted time?

Fine, then. Now, it happened. And I believe you'll agree that you've got a bit carried away here. I mean:

Quote:
I JUST PREY FOR THE DAY THEY DIE IT WON'T BE CAUS OF NO SELF CONTROL !!

This ... this is just a horrible thing to say. No matter how upset you are, this goes too far.
I'm not here to point fingers, and I will instantly edit this out the moment you ask me to, since I believe you'll find this embarassing in a bit. Just let me know. laugh

Fine, then. What I'm trying to say with this is: In your anger, you've definately overreacted. Not putting your model up as a contribution would be a shame, given how much work you invested and how many people are looking forward to it (not all of them, mind you, necessarily posting here). And to deny them this just because one person was a bit of a jerk? Sounds unreasonable. I suggest doing the mature thing, accepting that opinions differ, understand that there might be truth (though I'm not to say how much) even in the harshest bit of critique, and using that as a means to better your skills. And do the people waiting for it a favor by releasing it. Next-gen or not, who really cares (personally, I cannot even tell what a stupid term like that is supposed to mean, and maybe that is actually the source of all this)? Contributions are always welcome. You've spent much time on something for the rest of us, and for that you deserve nothing but praise and thanks, no matter what.
Let me be the first, then, to actually thank you for what you've done. Great job, it's fantastic to see people enthusiastic in their work! I hope that despite all this - and my horrible wall of text - you keep such an work ethic.

+++

JustSid, well. Alright, then. Yes, you didn't say that his model was trash. As in, you weren't using those words or synonyms explicitly. No, you weren't phrasing your critique in a way that'd make it impossible to think so. Like this:

Quote:

Uhhh... wait, what?! The textures are horrible and the mesh is extremely low poly. Either you have another model that you haven't shown yet, or you don't really know what next gen is.
I never wanted to write in this thread and leave you alone, but this statement was just too ridiculous.

It'd be easy to go on, but I suspect it would be pointless to.

Don't get me wrong, I value criticism, and you're one of the few posters who give good, valid and honest critic. That's great, and I wish there were more who did.
And I won't even give you the usual "but please phrase it positively!"-line, since I suspect you would ignore it most likely. It's not your style, and I guess thats fine.
No, what I'm wondering about is, why did you continue?

Seriously. After the post above, I, personally, would have felt bad already. Yes, I'm a wuss, but I was (am?) a bit of an asshole when it came to criticism a while ago. But here, ratchet replied, and it was clear he was upset. Then you replied in a noncharmant tone, and you asked him if he was a troll. Some of the latter comments clearly enter the colorful, yet awful realm of personal attacks (not saying you're the one who started it, but maybe, who began isn't as important in issues that clearly only reach this point with two people).

Alright. Whatever. I guess this is "your style", and I guess the internet kind of needs those people. Again, I find it great that you comment, and that you're honest (brutally so). But at some point, you cross a line between honest criticism and personal attack. Not that you've crossed it here (at least not in the earlier posts, though it's harder to make that case in the later ones), but sometimes, it felt like you were getting close. If next time, you could simply quit the discussion a post or two earlier, then that'd be great.
Apart from that, continue the good work, especially with your cool contributions. laugh

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!