I dont think next gen has been properly defined for me, but I think the term started around when people began to put normal maps on models. So in that sense ratchets model is next gen.

Also he said that next gen is hard work, I think he just meant that the workflow he was using was difficult, but from what I have read and seen of current next gen modelers like Vitaly Bulgorov (one of my personal favorites today) have a much more difficult and extensive workflow then the relatively little work you have done here. Guys like this make several studies and models to arrive at only one finished product, they continue to perfect their texturing and detailing until they know their work meets the expectations of the particular job they are doing.

On the other hand if you dont like justSids critics you should just take your own advice and pass over it. Just ignore him or tell him "Thank you for the observations"

I also have some serious critiques of your model,workflow and textures but I would never say them here because I feel like you would take them personally and try to demonize me. No one will want to help you if you cannot take criticism.

But I learned a lot from your posts so far, I didn't know about 3d coat before and now because of your posts here I downloaded it and have started to see its capabilities. Also when you told me about what you saw as faults on my models I take that as a good thing and I will consider them (the ears and hands do seem to lack volume). I WANT to hear what people think of my work because it helps me, thats why I post here. I'm not looking for people to adore my work, only a very insecure or a very narcissistic person needs that.

So please don't close this thread, people are getting benefits here, model requests are being made, people are interacting. We cant close the thread just because your having a hard time. This is not just your thread, you invited all to join and that includes justSid and anyone else.