Thanks guys laugh

@DJBMASTER: Yes, there are a lot of data structures missing (eg. I had also liked to add a skip list section), but my time budget was very limited (Superku asked me ~12 hours before if I could write it and it was already around midnight when I started writing + I had to sleep a bit too) so I focused on the four, imo, most useful data structures.

I will add other data structures in random order to the article, so if you have any suggestions, let me hear them (skip lists and heap trees are on my list!).

About common algorithms, yes, I wanted to add those as well for the in depth implementation guides, for example how to sort an array efficiently and how to calculate a good hash for a hash table from binary data and such things. Of course it can't cover everything, but the most useful stuff will make it. And again, if you have suggestions, let me hear them laugh

Originally Posted By: SchokoKeks
Doing a little nitpicking here, but you describe a binary tree as a tree made "..out of a root node which links to one or more child nodes which...". However, in a binary tree any node can not have more than two child nodes or else it isn't a binary tree anymore.

Yes, you are totally right there, thanks for catching this! The chapter started was first intended to be a trees in general chapter but this was way too much so I later changed this to just a balanced binary tree chapter but forgot to change the quoted sentence. But the rest (as well as the ASCII art) assumes just two child nodes.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com