You misunderstood another time. I was not talking about the Gamestudio forum only. I was talking about a lot of PC gamers forums I visited to get an idea how they react to modern shooters. And they did not accept Crysis 2 very well. Half of them hate DNF for several reasons: technology behind it, the humour. And the other half likes it.
But I think many haters exist because they had higher expectations, for reasons, I dont understand. I mean honestly: This is a very old game with a long development cycle, an old engine and based on an old cult game. It never was meant to please everyone and it was clear that it will not look like Battlefield 3.

The thing that excited me most about this game was, that it is the first shooter sequel that indeed meets the spirit of its prequel. Crysis 2, Unreal 2, Farcry 2 and others did change hero, location, gameplay and more. They just exploited the name of the original one. This time it was indeed very similar to the original and because of that it is indeed old-school.

Actually all these debates dont matter anyway, it sells great.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft