Well I've finished it today and it took me about 10 hours. I think that's not too bad compared to other shooter's singleplayer and it was a fun experience all the way through. I even might give it a try on Damn I'm Good...

Now in retroperspective I've got a new minor complaint: It seems to play it a bit too safe concerning the humor. I mean it sort of lives too much from things introduced in Duke Nukem 3D. Duke's "smooth talking" doesn't seem to have "evolved" that much and there are rather little new sayings. They also hesitated to put in the actual gross parts which pretty much is around the boss fights / the cinematics. I mean those probably where the most memorable moments of Duke Nukem 3D: Ripping off the bosse's head and "shitting down its neck" or the eyeball kick on the football field. Duke Nukem Forever utterly fails at delivering such moments. They just recycled those moments from Duke Nukem Forever and added nothing new. Oh well - there's one pissing thing that's new but it's hardly worth mentioning as it's rather lame...

It feels a bit like they were trying to avoid the ultimate "adult ratings" by including such over the top moments. I think that's sort of sad as DNF really lacks some of those unique moments . If we're ever going to see another Duke Nukem title I hope they'll get that point right. And they also might want to introduce those Synthetically Mutated Attack Robot Terrorist Sharks from the comic... wink