Instead of pushing dx11 it would be better if they would start to face the opengl direction. It's true that opengl is not equally powerful to directx and it's another thing but it's also true that opengl opens up a bigger chance to target multiple plattforms. It's a big work to port an directx engine to opengl especially if you don't want to restart coding the whole stuff. but at some point it's better to take this mammut work to gain more reachable users later. Immagine Linux Users if they had a ready to use toolset to create games. There are a lot of opensocure engines, libraries etc. but the targeting group of people which Gamestudio has, is the oposite of those typical linux users. Not everyone likes to make 100 Steps to finally have ready a working engine. Gamestudio would have a big boost with opengl in numers of users. ( with linux users I mean the ones who just have a easy to use system like ubuntu, I have different ones on my machine and I know the booring side of linux and game engines for linux) plus opengl would open the world to mac too, and with webgl es ( which is a difference but not that much compared to dx) even browser and mobile plattforms...by the way shader coding is not that different between directx and opengl. The enduser would not even note that big difference if they use lite-c. the only one who would note it, would be JCL when porting the base engine code to opengl with the differences in deeper details when it comes down to 3d things and their calculation and rendering. but let's be honest, would not opengl open more doors to Gamestudio? I love Windows but it's not said that we all will use it in some years like we did today and yesterday..even windows can lose attraction for customers and developers. Just a matter of time and what the competitors of the operating system will do in future. better to start right now to work on it, then to do it on the last days...the fanbase of gamestudio would probably still use it, but others would think twice then. hope to read in future anytime that acknex will go the opengl direction.