So much talk and none of you mentioned cliffki's blog?

Link.

This should give you all the information you need. Unlike most of us, he actually tried out various sale points, and knows what he's talking about. What did he find out? Well, the fact that his games are NOT following the "ever-cheaper"-approach might be a clue.

Things are, probably, even worse in the Appstore, I believe, and things might get dangerous if this continues over to the PC market. If people find quality games too expensive at TWO DOLLARS, there is something very wrong with the perceiption of value of those things. frown

--

Here are some links to start with:

1, 2, 3, 4.

A few more things that you should consider:
1) Are you running ads?
2) Are you sure you provided the necessary amount of PR? Posting trailers on YouTube is NOT enough. Sending press releases to many, many outlets would be a start. There are services for that, if you don't want to do it yourself.
I don't know your current sales, but I'm sure you'd see a nice spike if you get a favorably (maybe even bad or awful) review from bigger sites.
3) Have you made sure your website makes it easy and clear how to buy? Not for someone like you looking at it everyday, but for someone who's never been there before and is not web-savvy?
4) Are you closely analyzing your website-traffic and stats?
5) Are you providing Demos for your games?

etc. etc.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!