Sorry for playing the "badman". I really wish you all the best, high selling rates and a big bank account. I deeply respect your abilities, your scripting knowledge and all the effort to finish your projects.

But after all, I personally think that it is not fair to route the discussion in the above way.

G.R.U.N.T.S is a stylish game but after checking out the style (you can do this in a few seconds) there is simply a shooter. And this shooter must be compared with the genereal shooter genre. And I donīt want to discuss this out.

So I do not believe that G.R.U.N.T.S will raise up selling by choosing different prices. As long as you produce the genres of mass market - even with a few modifications like using stange shaders - your products will always be compared with other masses of genres.

Do something different as an independent who calculates with financial success.

... And please... correct me in a few months if I was totally wrong

edit...
by the way...
In the study of economics you will learn that a price is an indicator for quality. But this rule depends on market sectors. And products of the mass market donīt play after this rule. The only system to promote mass market products ist to advertise them hardly. So there must be a specific will to buy a product from the mass market. Like using some specific forms, colors.

Edit by JustSid: This actually comes from the hijacked "indie game price" thread in the game design forum.

Last edited by JustSid; 07/24/11 22:25.