sid split the thread where the bashing began. i told him to name it lets bash grunts. end of story. now for something of more importance:

i apreciate tis thread. i really do. it shows me where to go as a developer and as a desiger. however, i ahve to tell you that some of your points throught this thread are compeltely and udderly (yes, udderly) wrong.

first off, that is a.) because you are a regular customer and i made the mistake of forgetting that and b.) because of that i havent made it clear enough. i might want to change that.

truth be told, you get PLENTY of information what to do in the game, hints to where the story will go from here. you have the option to shut off the pixelation effect inc ase your eyes hurt. you get alot of information regarding the various quirks of the game and furthermore the game was not developed to be bad. the mistkae here is that NONE of you (well, maybe one or two of you) cared to read the wiki. i packed in three links to the wiki for you to read before playing the game, and you didnt care.
furthermore, NONE of you (and believe me, i know that, i keep track of who buys the game) bought the final game that has not only the story explained, some bugs fixed AND hints at what to do next).

so what i get from your rants, and frankly, those are rants, is that you would not buy quake nowadays because it plays like crap. and donÄt tell me that quake played better than grutns because it didn't. i have just recently played it and it es far worse than grunts.

you tell me i have no idea what i a doing and frankly, that is simply wrong. i know perfectly well what i am doing. you are coming here, bashing a game NONE of you has bought. none of you has taken the time to actually read the provided information regarding the game and none of you has taken the time to at least examine the options screen. i know that, because if you would have, some of your rants would simply not be here.

see, what I learned from all of this, and that is the part that counts really, is that i simply expect too much from my customers. i expect them to actually think for a second before they start playing. i expect them to read the provided information and just think about what the game delivers. that is the biggest mistake i made. i made the mistake of thinking my customers actually have a brain. and you can be sure i will fix this as good as possible in the enxt version.

oh and ps.: i care about the game. i care about the story, the graphics, the elvel design (which is, by the way, a direct homage to an earleir zelda title, so basically you have been bashing the level design of links awakening here for a while. nintendo thanks you) and the music. i care about the presentation and the game in general. the fact that gamestudio refuses to have a good collision system bugs me, but i have to live with that.

and one last word: i respect your criticism. i really do. i am grateful for this thread, as we all can learn something from it. no hard feelings for anyone, on the contrary, i really apreciate it. just try to stay on a formal and nice level okay?

pps.: slin that was from the aum interview laugh