Quote:
In general, this is not directed at you, Redeemer, I don't get it why people think a good movement code can be achieved with a few lines of code in a few hours/ days.

Having now written my own accurate 3D collision systems from scratch in pure C, I understand perfectly how complex they can be. Nonetheless, I am extremely displeased with the way this system works. It is inaccurate and unreliable, and as stated, it is buggy as well. The enemies teleport not because I am moving them through any external method at all, but simply because I have added the GLIDE flag to my c_move call, which somehow causes them to "end up in unexpected places" just as the manual describes.

Quote:

It was a Bug when it occured, you was able to shot
the enemy infinite without killing it.
I suppose it was a Bug in the way, the Hitpoints were taken.
Probably they were compared to zero rather >= zero, so that
the enemy health became negative values in rare occasions.
Or the trigger for the get-killed sequence was programmed to allow some situations to not be activated when enemyhealth was >= zero... Dont know the code, so dont really matter...
Anyway, in rare situations an (always different) enemy became immortal.

That is utterly impossible, and I will go so far as to say it is your imagination. I am aware of such simple yet fatal logical mistakes and made sure to implement safe logic in these potentially volatile situations. I have thoroughly tested and debugged my logic and your statement is both unfounded and untrue, as well as damaging to my reputation as a programmer.

... you do realize of course that the enemy begins flashing as it gets more damaged? You have to keep shooting it for it to die, you know.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!