Quote:
That is utterly impossible, and I will go so far as to say it is your imagination. I am aware of such simple yet fatal logical mistakes and made sure to implement safe logic in these potentially volatile situations. I have thoroughly tested and debugged my logic and your statement is both unfounded and untrue, as well as damaging to my reputation as a programmer.

... you do realize of course that the enemy begins flashing as it gets more damaged? You have to keep shooting it for it to die, you know.

I dont know how to understand the last part of your statement, but I can tell you, that I play First-Person since the first releases of Doom and know perfectly well how to shoot something ingame. So I will see it as unknowing assumption rather than an try of an insult.

And to the thing above, I NEVER was to meant to harm the reputation of ANYONE here in general. Im not with my nose high to the sky to degrade someones work just for own fun or destructive jealousy.
And I stay at what I have seen (several times).
When an regular enemy (a meleefighter) can take over 60 shots without showing any difference, then yes, this looks like a Bug to me.
And indirectly write, that i am a liar doesnt help much anyway. I would have no gain or any interest to do such things anyway.
I played it approx. 12 times through (for analyzing purposes) so I dont think all the other enemies exploded just by looking at them.
Further is it interesting to mention, that this Bug only occoured in the white level, and never in the dark level and only with the pistol, at least the times, I encountered it.
I would be careful with the expression "Impossible".
You are not Carmack. Even he produces Bugs (and I assume I could guess they are not few).
I developed a game over 2 Years, after finishing it I had 6 months intense testing of the completed project with bughunting\fixing. I thought it was completely bugfree, but after 2 years after a release I encountered a showstopper-bug, that required a very rare combined constellation of states and situations, that I thought I had programmed logic-proof.
Today I would never again call a project of mine bugfree, today I would state they have just hid well.
No one is perfect nor any code is. And even any engine is, nor any pc-configuration or hardwarecombination.
Maybe it was my System or a hardwarecomponent or a driver or Acknex, or maybe Spike changed something.
I dont get, why you directly take that bugsight as an personal attack to your skills and reputation.
I had Acknex-"bugs" that turned out to be my DVD-drive.
Acknex was fine all the time, and worked after replacing the DVD-drive with another one.
Regarding this, I am very disappointed by your reaction.
I never intended anything that you are assuming,
but I have seen, what I have seen.

Last edited by miez; 07/26/11 13:08.