I am very disappointed about this thread. Honestly, I share much thoughts with Blattsalat, but I am deeply shocked how you treat each other.

Professionality can be judged twofold. On the one hand side you can say someone is a professional, when he earns money for his work. On the other hand side professionality divides expert/competent work from ragged/amateurish work. I think most of you critize Spike for the latter and that he claims actually money for it. Question: what if he would release it as freeware? Would you start such a thread as well?? I don't think so!

I think we collected a lot of arguments why Spike's game(s) are not pleasing everyone and I am sure he will rethink this in the future. If he does not update Grunts or if he doesnt care about this: stop ranting! If there was a message, it has been carried out.

Everyone has his or her own oppinion how a game should feel and how much quality it should serve. And YES, almost all so called indie games disappoint me, too. But, I can tell you: It is a brutal, sleepless and totally un-human amount work to polish a game to fit the mainstream expectations in all certain aspects and degrees of quality. Maybe Spike was a bit tired and thought that the game was alright. Crunchtime is not enjoyable and there are certain times where you simply think: Shit fuck, fuck it!!!111

That is no excuse. No doubt. I have also very high hopes, expectations and my very own vision how a quality game should feel like (everything between Pong and Crysis 3001 super extreme edition for quantum computers). And if anyone tries to excuse himself with that I will haunt you to hell. Seriously. But, even if you try a lot and put lots of effort into it, as to share my experiences, you always get at least one guy who is complaining so much like our Blattsalat did here smile

The reason why I wrote this post was also another one:

Keep in mind that there are a lot of other users which could be distracted by your talk. They could be hesitated by you to post anything. Because they could fear that they will be bashed to death. Please keep that in mind.

[EDIT] I am still angry, I would like to close it, so please calm down, little HeelX and hope that the others do so as well... smile

Last edited by HeelX; 07/26/11 14:02.