Maybe I messed with his skin or something somewhere along the line. I also chopped off his feather, although I wouldn't think that would have much to do with it.

In the particular example above, I used SmartFTP to upload to my account. Then, I typed the URL in the post and that's all there was to it.

You might want to animate a walk to run, run to walk transition for your test model. You'd have to add some more code to use it, but that always looks better. Another animation state would be for turning. When Guard Link turns in place, that would look better than just panning him without movement. You could also have him crawl, duck, and roll like in Zelda. Another one would be an idle animation that triggered after being inactive for awhile.

One weak spot in this setup is that the camera will clip into the wall when it first hits it. This is pretty much the norm with all the scripts around here. Although with this kind of camera it is more rare to get right up on the wall, it's still a problem. Here's a link with info that explains one way to get eliminate it. I've never been able to implement it, but maybe you or someone else can someday:

http://www.gamasutra.com/gdc2004/features/20040325/giors_02.shtml

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links