I'll try to crack this code today or over the next couple. I'm in the middle of learning Wintermute Engine and reorganizing my own game, so my time has been stolen from me at knife point.

Quote:

What do you mean by that I should try and eliminate clipping when the camera tilts? Do you mean that if the camera height changes during gameplay to stop the camera passing through a roof etc?

Well, whenever I was playing around with Doug's new template chase cam, it would work out pretty well, but then when I tilted the camera up or down(looking up/down...mouse_force.y != 0) the thing would always clip like crazy. It's esp. bad when you're looking up into the sky. If you hit the wall when the camera is around eye level it's pretty darn good, however that only occurs when the "smoothing" variable is set to default or right around there. You can still break it but it's good most of the time(which of course is unacceptable ). If you set the smoothing to 0(which I prefer) it'll kind of snap to the trace target(or perhaps this is the vec_normalize part) and then clip(but just barely and at eye level..also clips bad when looking up).

Here's my new template test level. If your "template_6" folder is in the default folder(C:\\Program Files\\GStudio6\\template_6), it shouldn't give you any trouble. I think the ones provided are the newest, but I'm not 100% sure.

http://www.geocities.com/hainesrs/tester.zip

Stand next to a wall and try different camera heights. You'll notice tilting up is worse than eye level or looking down.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links