I'm working on a shooter, and I want to be able to tilt the whole torso of the player model independently of the running animations by using bone_rotate so that the model can physically "look" up or down. If I can't, it will just not look right. The player model would look like it's aiming flat at the horizon even if its aiming up or down.

I found the following text in the manuel under "ent_animate".

"In a multiplayer game, sending bones animation to the clients causes the high traffic and does not interpolate between bones frames. Only basic frames, without ANM_ADD mode, and without any direct bones manipulation are sent. We strongly recommend to perform bones and vertex animation on the client side by using a local function and setting the entity's nosend_frame flag on the server. "

When I start the server and first client, FROM the server, I can see the clients bone animations of all kinds, BUT the client computer cannot see the bone_manipulation angles of the host or any other client. So basically, the only computer that can see the bone_rotations is the host.

I figured if the host can see it, but the clients can't, then maybe the animations and bone_rotations are all being done on the server. But the thing is, I use two entities with the client side (one global, one ent_createlocal).

I do the bone_rotate on the local entity, save it as a skill, send the skill to the global entity, but it still does'nt work.

surely somebody out there has managed to get a bone_rotation to work with multiplayer and i'd appreciate it if someone can just tell me how it basically works.

Thanks.