I finally "stress-tested" (wasn't my intention) Unity 3 together with Richi007 and here is our result:

We love Gamestudio. Really!

When I first opended up Unity, it was like "Touch me, drag me, design me, I am so fresh, light and easy to use!". I bought a model from Turbosquid because I knew "Unity is for designer, it basically can import anything!". Well, after 1hr I managed to get the animation from FBX 2010 to Unity (2009 wasn't working, 2011 is to new for the lastest Unity version). Okay, the whole model was black, even if Unity at least showed me the right texture in the "Inspector" on the left side. The animation was named "Take 001" instead of "fly". How to deal with 50 animations from all different models? o.O Anyway, let's go on!

I started to use Javascript because I had the strange feeling, C# isn't that easy in Unity (also if C# itself is great (don't even think about bashing!)). Unity crashes while moving the camera upwards, Unity even crashes while doing nothing (Visual C++ Runtime: Crash -> Unity isn't working anymore -> Close -> Loose progress).

I opended up MED. Chose FBX Import. Selected my Model. Imported it. Skin...Check! Animation...Check!

It just works!

I <3 you, Gamestudio

Code:
Gamestudio
camera.x += 1*time_step;

Code:
Unity/Javascript
Camera.main.transform.Translate(move*Time.deltaTime);

Last edited by Liamissimo; 09/02/11 23:32.

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011