I was in Australia for the bulk of the crisis, and we came out of it really well. I'm now in Canada, which is doing quite well.

I see the "99%" complaining a lot. And a lot of it is "We're poor! Life is hard! Share your hard-earned wealth with us!" But at least that's getting some numbers behind a good cause, which is (or should be) the crux of Occupy Wall Street: the excessively rich were stupidly greedy, took down the US economy, and put a ridiculous amount of people who were content to work hard for their small portion out of work. Put laws in place to prevent this.

Those affected by the crisis have every right to be angry, because it's not something that just happens. Rich people stuffing up shouldn't ruin things for the other 99%.

So good on 'em. On the other hand, I think things like "Occupy Toronto" and the other copy-protests around the world are varying degrees of ridiculous -- they are indeed just not-so-rich people complaining that they're not-so-rich. Some of them might "get it", but they're way out of the way of those they're protesting against. Even if they focus on other economic issues, a lot of them are in a far better state than the US.

Browsing "we are the 99 percent" photos, it's amazing how almost everyone I saw who had a degree but was unemployed had an Arts degree. It could be a BA, or even a MFA. Perhaps it lends credence to the idea that Arts degrees are the least employable without something else on top of them (or there could be other reasons), but I couldn't help but think "You got an Arts degree. Surely you planned to be unemployed."

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!