Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer
If so, you don't realize the degree of unemployment.

I think you overestimate it. Unemployment is at a high right now that was only last seen in the '80s. Truly, this is the worst we've seen in a while. But that doesn't mean that we're experiencing another huge depression. Unemployment almost never drops below 4%.

Why is it impossible to understand that if there are not enough jobs that there are people who won't get a job, whatever they try to do?

If that were the case, they would be truly destitute. They could not buy their own food or their own clothes, and they could not afford shelter. Yet for the majority of those in the Occupy movement, that is not the case. As Sajeth pointed out:
Originally Posted By: Sajeth
11am you're out protesting, at 1pm you're sitting at McDonald's, at 2pm you're playing with your iPhones, at 3pm you're drinking Coca Cola while watching TV...
Occupy, my ass.

Isn't it depressing to believe that the crowd of one of the wealthiest nations of the world is not educated enough to participate in democracy? Is the education system of the USA actually that bad?

Yes.

And, why are you expecting any good from the decisions of the 'educated and rich', while you can read in 'educated' and investigative newpapers that it was their work of the last twenty years that evoke the crises?

Haven't you asked this question once or twice already? My answer is the same. Granted, they were a huge part of this mess. No one denies that. But to say that this situation is entirely the fault of the rich is simply not true. And as I said, in terms of economic understanding, I trust their judgement more than I trust the judgement of Joe Shmuck off the street.

Last edited by Redeemer; 11/03/11 20:27.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!