I didn't compile this list, but I thought it would be a handy one for the guide. These are services that allow you to upload large files to email addresses. Of course, you can point it to your own address and provide the link for other to download from. Useful for large resource and demo dispersement.

Quote:

YouSendIt
Size Limit: 1 GB
Download Limit: 25 Downloads
File Life: 7 Days

DataPickup
Size Limit: 250 MB (was originally 1.5 GB but i guess their servers must've gotten bombarded so they had to lower it)
Download Limit: 25 Downloads

YouShareIt
Size Limit: 50 MB
Download Limit: NONE

RapidShare
Size Limit: 30 MB
Download Limit: NONE (but there is a 75 second download timer and a 1-download-per-hour limit unless you have a Premium Account)
File Life: 30 Days+ provided there's still download activity after 1 month

UltraShare

MyTempDir
Size Limit: 25 MB
File Life: 14 Days

UploadHut

ShareBigFile
Size Limit: 250 MB
Download Limit: 250 Downloads

Dropload
Size Limit: 100 MB
Download Limit: 1 Download

UpDownloadServer
Size Limit: 250 MB
Download Limit: NONE, but there is a 40-second download timer (similar to Rapidshare's except shorter)
File Life: Unlimited

ShareFiles
Other Limits: I haven't personally tested this so i'm not sure what the limits are in terms of # of downloads and/or file life, but from what i've read there's a bandwith limit and/or something about password protection, not sure what's meant by that though

UploadTemple

glint.files
Download Limit: NONE (i think)
Other Features: Password-protected download links, and in the download section, you can enter in a File ID and password (if there is one) to gain access to a download...not completely sure how it works though.

Xdrive (you can initially sign up for a free 15-day trial, but then once that's up your downloads off the server unless you pay for an account)
Size Limit: 5 GB
Download Limit: NONE (until your free trial period has ended, that is)
File Life: Unlimited (again, until your free trial has ended...so it's techincally 15 days unless you purchase an account)
** NOTE ** In order to sign up for an Xdrive account, however, a credit card is needed for the free 15 day trial, so to those under 18 and also those who just don't have a credit card, take this into consideration before signing up. And if you do intend to sign up, be sure to keep watch on those 15 days you have in your trial because once the trial period is up you are immediately billed your first monthly payment of $9.95, so be SURE to cancel the account before your trial has completely ended!!

QuickFile
Download Limit: NONE (i think?)

bonpoo! (lovely name, eh?)
Download Limit/File Life: Unknown (still need testing)

MegaUpload
Size Limit: 500 MB

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links