Originally Posted By: VPrime
Is that a tilebased game maker? Looks interesting,we actually have a similar project in the works but forked in 2 ways. One for in house game making, and another for the public which will be a little more limited and something that hasn't been done before (we hope laugh ).

well sort of tile based. you can place the objects on a grid, but the grid is editable and doesnt need to be used at all. Not sure I'd call it its own game maker. Its more like a gamemaker - file maker wink so yes a game maker. It was originally supposed to be a basic level editor for the papaya game engine (android games and it say ios which i havent tested). I'm making the editor with rapid-q basic, an old bytecode windows program maker. It works quite well, and supposedly rapidq now has features that are ported to linux, so even if i wanted to distribute on linux i would only have to change some dx lines into gdi(?) lines (they are set up similarly in rapidq basic).

anyways when i started it i realized that since i was using a high-level editor to make the dev tool, and because i was using a high level engine, that many features were super easy to add and I just went from there, it doesnt save anything yet, and right now I can only place one object but I have many features added to the ui as placemarkers, and I already know how im going to program them.... so im pretty excited.

@sid. Do you sleep?

Last edited by lostclimate; 12/04/11 20:13.