I think Nadester or another mod should restructure the whole list, because paragraphs like audio/video/authorware/security/encription etc. shouldnt be intermingled for clearness.

Here are some new contributions:

www.acidplanet.com/tools/?p=acid&T=6420

Acid XPress - free "small brother" of Sonys Acid music software. Basic sampling application similar to Magix Music Maker, EJay and/or fruity loops. Its free and if you dont have the others, maybe this is what your are searching for.

www.acidplanet.com

Originally meant as community for Sonys Acid (and - Xpress), this platform grows over its horizon: hundreds of indipendent artists present here their music (also musicvideos) mostly done in their free time, produced purely as a result of fun and creativity. Some sell their stuff, most users showcase their tracks. Nearly EVERY genre and subcategory is located there and quality is ranging from amteur to real professional tracks. If you found something that fits into your game, just ask them, be polite and nice. Mosts artist appreciate something like this and I doubt that everyone is forcing you to pay them high fees, maybe nothing. I think there should be no problem with use in freeware products or shareware.. so maybe you dont pay anything when you guarantee advertisement for them in your game. I had success there, so you should do so as well when your polite. I really like that site, I often download stuff from there (free, just registering is needed) and hear it on my MP3 Player.

www.peoplesound.com

The same as Acidplanet, but its more a platform for small artists that want to sell their music. But maybe you get also success there. I like the "mood" category feature and the "sounds like.." feature very much

www.1001freefonts.com

Well, this is quite popular: 1001 fonts offers hundreds of fonts that are mostly free (its rare, but some are shareware haha, well.. most are free and in the disclaimer of each font you can read what to do if you want to use it in a commercial way. Even if you do freeware I would ask the author. Most authors just wanna see where it is used, so be polite and you get it for free.

www.anatomyatlases.org/atlasofanatomy/index.shtml

This is really great, its a free anatomy book with lots of incredible pictures. www.anatomyatlases.org offers also other anatomy and medical ebooks for free, but I picked this one because I'm used to work with it for several months now for my own studies and its useful when it comes to modeling because you know everything after looking into it.

Cheers
Christian Behrenberg