Listen, I don't feel like arguing about this. I stand by what I said. Perhaps this is all just a big misunderstanding.

I don't see why you're angry, given that my post is neither particulary offensive, nor intended to hurt anyone. I'll just assume that this is due to language issues, and move on, without replying to what could easily be called provocations in your post. Please understand that not everyone is out to get you.

Let me just say this:

Quote:

If the photon of light push away ( together with the solar wind) the tail of the comet which are made of thin fragment of ice, well I dont think it is an heresy to claim that a stream of photons is somehow similar to a stream of material particles, such as, in this example, the solar wind

I give you that - photons have momentum (E=p*c for them, as you know, but perhaps, non-physicists are listening). Sadly, we cannot invoke the formula p=m\gamma v, since for photons, \gamma goes to infinity.

~ ~ ~ ~

So, we haven't yet found the Higgs. But apparently, they have some unusual not-yet-statistically-significant patterns, and they say they were able to give a shorter possible range for it to be in.

Exciting!
But, to be honest, wouldn't it be even more exciting if we didn't find the Higgs? After all, that would imply our current understanding is wrong, and thus that'd mean lots of new stuff to discover. Not to say that things are over with the Higgs, but the other possibility just sounds more interesting.

What do you guys think? Alberto? I don't know if particle physics is your "favorite physics", so to speak, but I'm sure you've followed recent developments laugh

Last edited by Error014; 12/13/11 20:42.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!