Quote:
In terms of engine support, you want GS to work on entering a saturated market that most of us won't be able to develop for rather than an under-utilised tech-savvy market who look for what they want instead of getting told what they want by publishers with big marketing bucks? I don't.

An important argument.
Porting Gamestudio to consoles is already much too late. A console port wouldn`t be accepted because all of the big players already develop with engines that have 5 years+ of Know-How on console support. Porting Gamestudio to consoles wouldn`t make sense. The Indie console market is much too small for Gamestudio`s audience.

The mystery of being successful is to go another way than other companys do. To get a unique characteristic. Getting a strong player in the PC market and serving that marketing niche with high quality software (and Gamestudio is high quality software) can open up new possibilities for Gamestudio`s future. Supporting Windows, Mac and Linux is not only a "cool thing", but also important for marketing. Supporting Windows and (only) Android.. well, that seems to be at least a bit risky to me. I don`t see the "big" marketing potential for Gamestudio on that.

There`s a lot of work to be done. I hope that Conitec can manage that all. Hopefully they sell enough Gamestudio copys at the moment.