For me it's a kid, and nothing serious at all or someone not experienced in game development at all , but i put some responses !

I will now attempt to build the next best RTS space game using Game Studio A7.

Incredible, how some lonewolf guy would be better than Blizzard or some other big RTS ?
even with a team, i'm not sure you'll make such great AI, such great UI, great levels and units , animations, effects, scenario, voices etc ... etc ...

All of my art, musical, Lite-C programming, & story writing skills will be pushed far beyond their limits.

First post some 3D art you already done.
There is no limit you always imporve your 3D work , texturing, programming : IT TAKE YEARS laugh

I'm sure I'll run into problems along the way & I wish to get some advice every now & then.

Why not UT3 engine or other big ones, you 'll have also problems like any 3D engine.
And saysing already you'll have problems it's like saying from beginning that you will fail or quit the game making laugh

I'm not sure if I will fail or succeed in what I'm doing. This will be the greatest challenge that I have ever faced.

It's like saying i'm not enought motivated.
It's like saying , i want ot make some better game than Skyrim , i don't know if i'll succeed ,it's the biggest challenge : INDEED !

Since I'm to sick to hold a normal job I've got nothing else better to do and my eye sight may be completely gone by the age 40 (I'm 27 now).

If it was the case , you should really enjoy the must you can everything in the world before your eye sight drop down in some little years already !!
And game making requires very good eyes, specially for texturing and modeling ? why choosing game making so ?

Building a great game is my childhood dream and if I don't get started now then I may never get another chance. That's why I will pour all of my talents and abilities into this game.

You are like lot of kids wanting to make some big game or dreaming about some big MMo etc ...
Stop dreaming : MAKE A CASUAL GAME FIRST OR A VERY VERY LITTLE ONE !
It will take you years before you'll make a little good game !
Stop Dreaming :
Your first games will be bad generally ; so try to make some little games first.

AND ONLY LOT LOT LOT OF WORK IS THE KEY TO MAKE SOME GOOD GAME AND MOTIVATION !

What is your real goal ? really ?
money : alone , not skilled today in 3D , you won't make any great game better than the big ones made by thousand of highly skilled poeple !
You should serach pleasure of creation , perhaps work in a project with a team ?

Well ... another useless thread laugh !

Last edited by ratchet; 01/05/12 22:54.