@Superku: thanks laugh

@HeeIX:
Yep, the C++ LIKE code(like, because not everything is implemented/supported atm)
is transformed to LiteC-Code.
Every method is just a normal function internally.
Ofcourse, you'll face problems when using wait inside a method, and the object is freed during waiting.
I might add restrictions for that.(or a corresponding compiler warning)

I have several reasons to do this:
1) Its quite an interesting experience grin

2) Most beginners will start with LiteC. Pushing them directly to C++ might be a problem. They have to struggle with the SDK , setting up an advanced Development environment(for a total beginner it might be a problem).
So this precompiler is some kind of experience bridge between LiteC and C++.
Those who already worked with Gamestudio+C++ might not need this, but new ones.

3) So far(as far as i know), using engine functions inside C++ requires _var() where ever a var parameter is required. Unnecessary overhead for writing(i.e. requires wrapping before using)

4) The liteC compiler sometimes throws uninformative messages(or even wrong ones). By parsing everything thats outside a function, i want to catch as much as possible. For example a missing ';' after a struct definition wont lead to an error inside a following function anymore. But a proper "missing ';'" error

5) Programming in LiteC while using advanced IDEs. Sometimes using a complete C++ environment might be an overkill for some projects(or the programmer/beginner). Using my precompiler you can write your code in CodeBlocks for example and compile directly.
(i plan on adding more parameter compatibility for my precompiler, so it runs better with input from a make command).

6) Its possible to directly include LiteC projects in Projects from my Precompiler. Just include the .c/.h files and you can use the functions written there. (.c/.h units are not parsed, just added). So, if a user made a usefull LiteC contribution, its most likely, you can use it in my Precompiler.

About STD: its likely that it doesnt work. Currently my precompiler doesnt include everything. I havent tested it yet, but iam sure there is a lot that might cause conflicts(we have only singleinheritance. Multiinheritance is NOT possible for me,as it is in C++).

Template programming is a nice and interesting feature. I wish to implement it, but its way to early atm. I have to make sure that those things i implemented, work. Otherwhise i'll blow up the code.

And no, iam not planning on transforming a VS project. This requires a complete implementation of C++, which is either not possible for me or too time consuming.

Greetings
Rackscha

Last edited by Rackscha; 01/29/12 17:06.

MY Website with news of my projects:
(for example my current
Muliplayer Bomberman,
GenesisPrecompiler for LiteC
and TileMaster, an easy to use Tile editor)
Sparetime-Development