HeelIX;

Thank you for taking the time to download & run my project. I appreciate your comments.

Your suggestions are very useful...

"Though, I sometimes had hard times to figure out what in the 3D scene matches with the stuff in the photo. Maybe, if the person would just walk into the same spot and look into the same direction as the original photographer, it could be easier, I suppose."

Easier to find some better photos.

"- (optional) subtitles"

? do you mean visual words of audio track, like closed caption in movie? Good Idea.

"- In the corridor towards the curling club, there are two trees, against which the walking person collides, then it collides against a house - is this intended?"

Thanks, I will reposition these

"Are the animated avatars indicating, that an old man / young boy is speaking? A real photograph would be way cooler to get to know these people"

I will be showing the project to the Museum people on Feb 27th. I will bring this up for discussion. I chose animation style for a 'change of pace'.

- There is a full screen video playing when you tell about the burning school (am I right?)... it causes the application to go into windowed mode, why don't you play it fullscreen? Or better: why don't you do it in real 3D? The photoring and the photo-standups are a great idea, why not making the school fade into a grey, historic version, let burn in 3D with particles and stuff and when the scene is over, all fire and smoke vanishes and the "today" building is reappearing again?

I play the video, captured with CamStudio, in windowed mode because it doesn't look good in full screen.
I wanted to run the 3d scene in real time, but I couldn't get it to work. Your ideas are great. The school didn't burn down, but because of the cold, all the water sprayed onto it turned to ice & the building was ruined.

you are sometimes telling about buildings and landmarks; it would be cool if you could draw some overlays for the stuff you are talking about

I will definitely try to get this working, perhaps an arrow overlay that points to the place being discussed.

"I think some houses are floating?"

I will check my set-ups more carefully.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, as well.

Michael