first let me state that i'm using A7, so i dont know if A8's new audio system corrects this, so with that said:

I'm realizing that all sounds placed on the map in WED have a sudden fall off, theres always this invisible line between where you cant hear a sound at all and hearing it fully just by moving slightly, i would assume that the sounds should fade the farther you get;

I was thinking of using ent_playsound but, manual: "Up to 32 sounds (16 entity sounds and 16 normal sounds) can be played simultaneously" and gameplay will be using up alot of sounds, so i'm focusing on the "..16 entity sounds..", that means i dont have 32 to use by ent_playsound, but 16 instead, that would reduce even more so if i'm going to be using some of them for environment sounds; I thought about using snd_play but i would have to use it twice per sound to get stereo which seems to defeat the purpose;

[questions]
Is there a way to avoid that intense falloff of WED placed sounds?
sounds placed in WED do not contribute to this 16 sound limit do they? since if they do, then i might as well just use entity sounds...