I've beat the episode and it was pretty funny. The details are cool and lovely implemented, the driving stage was a nice surprise, too.
There were a few things though that annoyed me:
- The crosshair is not in the center of the screen, at least you shoot where the upper left corner of the bitmap points to.
- The DoF is very bad, sorry. I don't really mean its implementation, but as I've said before, it is - as in a many modern shooters, too - so overused here that it makes the game almost unplayable. Everything is so damn blurry, it hurts the game a lot. DoF can look nice in many games, platformers, RPGs, racing games and the like, but IMO it does not go well with shooters, only when the blur starts a few 1000 quants away (assuming your player is ~100 quants high) and is used in a subtle manner.
- Enemies still seem to shoot through walls sometimes and there are a little too many enemies, esp. for the beginning of the game.
- The fact that when you hit an enemy, blood splatters appear on the screen even though the enemy stands far away, is disturbing, too. I would only use this effect if an enemy explodes nearby.
- The player gets stuck quite easily, esp. in the bar/ first room of the game. You can simply walk on the table, too. Sometimes you run against/ on top of items (ammo/ health packs) instead of collecting them.
- The red glowing nipples on the otherwise good boss model look very weird. It seemed to me as if I sometimes took damage from the boss's attack even though her hand was not close to me.
- Last but not least: The starter! I guess it was quite an effort to write it, but simply remove and delete it, it annoys and scares every (possible) gamer. The startup time is too long, no matter how many files get decrypted. Those files can be found one at a time in the savegame folder anyway. After I left the game, the "shadow" process was still running in the Windows task manager. I can only see the left half of the starter window because it is placed at the very right of my (dual) monitor (system).

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends