O.k. let me tell it with my words. I use gamestudio with the attitude of a hobby developer. I am no kernel programmer, I always use script languages like action script / lingo / liteC and now, of course javaScript... it is this, what you mean, sid, "API" - yes, then this is my way. And now I am totally fascinated of the editor comfort of unity. I worked long time and still work sometimes with Cinema4D... and I just thought, that the unity concept comes near to these 3d-Applications. This was totally cool for me.

And I think... my way is the way of the majority hobby developers. If I would be a programmer, why should I work with an engine like gameStudio or Unity?

O.k. let me tell you more. Since months I am owner of the UPro-Vesion but with my rare spare time, I have a fucking hard work to learn javaScript. Every day less then maybe one hour. And I personally think that the JavaScript System is a true challenge.

So I am very proud that a publisher gave me a contract for my last game this year.
My last project was made with gameStudio. And - I mentioned it before - now I work on an adventure... but I saw, that I am not familiar enough with Javascript - so I decided to work it out with gamestudio... again.

But my target is clear... the final change to unity.
So all I want to say... donīt blend yourself with an AAA-Bookcover. As a normal scripter it will be harder to master javaScript then liteC. Just my personal opinion as a hobby developer with over 10 commercial published hobby products on the market.