Originally Posted By: PadMalcom
This decision is based on the question if you plan to make money with your apps. In general, iOS users are willing to pay, android users are not. Nevertheless, it is up to find a way to make money with games (addvertisement, in game currency, ...).
Or, perhaps, Android users will gladly pay money for something they want, and will even be generous with it. But I do think if they're going mobile, they should go properly mobile and support more platforms. Who's going to come here for their first mobile game dev experience if they can't put it on iPhone?

Similarly, how many developers aware of the current indie gaming scene are going to opt for a Windows-only engine for desktop/laptop gaming? How many developers, despite being Windows users, are going to move on from GS because of the vocal demand of Linux and Mac-based indie gamers? Dejobaan did, and I will. (Other users have, including darkinferno very recently, but I don't know how many were specifically because of the crossplatform issue).

Last edited by JibbSmart; 03/29/12 15:55.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!