Quote:

Im a beta-tester, and i really hope for the final release you do not change alot in the setup of the shaders for a model as im already pretty ahead in the project i use shade-c.

Quote:

And I sincerely hope you haven't changed too many things around, since that would mean re-ordering / re-balancing every settings

I did change stuff around, but only because of performance reasons and more easy useability (i.e. a lot of the sc_skill stuff is gone now and more things can be set directly when defining the material). That's why the beta wasn't/isn't public: Things might change.

All in all it's not much different though, you still setup your effect variables and call sc_setup() (although you can now also pass a settings container to sc_setup and don't use global variables at all. This is needed for multiscreen/view support).
It shouldn't be to much of a hassle to port to the new version.

Quote:

Okay, am just wondering if all these lighting techniques work for models also, I know I was in support of blocks earlier but, I guess Ive learnt just how slow they can be..

Yes, they work with models. Also, you have some more options when using models since you can use more textures (entSkin2 and entSkin4). With models, you could theoretically set 128 different lighting models (blinn-phong, oren-nayar, cartoon, skin, rock, wood, stone, etc) to different parts of a model through a single grayscaletexture (hooray for deferred shading and volumetric texture lookups!)*, have teamcolors, emissive mask, displacement mapping, specular mask, etc. . With blocks, you can also do all that stuff, but not that much at the same time for one block due to texture limitations. I might fix that limitation in the future, but it's not a high priority right now.

* You can literally paint materials on a model. I.e. if you have a tree, you paint the trunk with the "wood" light-model/material and the leaves with the "leaves" light-model/material.

Shade-C EVO Lite-C Shader Framework