I like A8, but you can say A8 is better;
Esenthel have lot of power for outdoor environments, i'm not sure why Unity would do better ?
I don't have seen some big PC mmo or RPG with Unity in the market ? There are some Mmo with Unity like Galactica or others but they are not incredibble !

Juts watch the video to see some good complex 3d Outdoor with town :
Esenthel mmo

I doubt A8 would run same environment, graphic effects, Hud etc ... at same rate.

I have been on some french forum where some guys easily adde some cloth simulation for cloth for a character.
The code is not so hard and it has automatic navigation caculation for AI, so no need to worry about monster to have to find your charcater laugh

And for power you can see a mobile running a very good 3D scene with characters :
Multi platform demo

So i don't agree, it's not really under Unity and Esenthel already have DX11 support, like tesselation also.
And not all engines have streaming also !

Im' sure someone would create big things with it laugh

Why i don't buy Esenthel :
- I don't like C++ or similar script/code , even if Esenthel runs Visual C++ on background !
- A8 script is perfect in easyness , and fast to understand and code
- With A8 you can produce games such as Supercan if you have 3D Art skills
- You can make your own super tools (Supercan editor)
- Communty and tutorials, magazine is the best you can find with a 3D Engine (even is Unity is not that bad in some areas)
- For zone based games , casual, platform , or any little game genre A8 is simply perfect laugh

---------

Now what A8 really need :
- Complete terrain editor
- Vegetation management
- why not someone porting raycast to it
- Visual shader library like Unity, one click to apply a shader and a panel to choose textures
- UI editor
- Complete particle editor and optimised particle system
- Decal tool (you choose the texture and place the decal where you want in the level : trees precalculated shadows, any decals on walls or floor or anywhere to make some variation )
- Some as good materials base to start a game as Esenthel or Unity :

Last edited by ratchet; 05/05/12 19:19.