Just downloaded and installed... I have yet to do deep testing but these are my first thoughts

First Impressions after around 5 mins of playing around with it:

+easy to configure to work with 3DGS
+good looking interface easy on the eyes
+great sintax higlighter, lots of detail, lots of info at a first glance
+recognizes my custon struct datatypes? Nice!
+++Engine sytax check on the fly as you type, underlining errors? Awesome!

First impressions after another 30 mins:

+autompletion? That's what sed was really missing!
+custom datatypes also autocomplete!
-custom defines dont autocomplete
+custom functions autocomplete
+shader syntax higlight, nice!
+OMG also SQL sintax higlight!
+I can change tab order and/or tile several windows on-screen? SED you are getting outdated man!
+split view of the same file
-Does not open all included files automatically
+No code jumper? Oh wait, found it!
+search/replace works across all files
+++I can drag windows out of the application window, even onto other monitors?!?!?! WIN!
+No crash yet? On top of all this it seems to be stable, see you later SED!

Though this is not a bug report or a feature request, I think first impressions are important and wanted to give you some feedback on what HORUS says to a user when he first opens it.
In my opinion it gives a great first impression and you completely won me over, I think I'm in love! I am already excited to permanently use this instead of sed unless in the future I notice some major sed feature missing or major bugs.

On a second note:
-I did find the "To-Do-List" feature but was unable to use it. Is it not working? Is the use not intuitive enough? Or am I just stupid?
-Under the "view" menu I found the "output" tab but was unable to get it to work. Nevermind, after using it again, on load I did get some feedback in Output window, also got feedback when compiling exe.
-Could not get the manuall to open via button or F1 key (not a big issue, but would be nice)

Feature request:
All in all it's a pretty awesome tool, as features that would be nice to have mabe the "cons" I mentioned in the first impressions list (marked with a -)

Shooting for the sky, I would love to see support for A-Net as it seems to be a moderately popular addon for 3DGS (I use it too). As it is now, I will probably use this tool instead of SED except for debugging, if you managed to get that into your app it would be AMAZING! Bye bye SED forever!

As-is, HORUS is an amazing app, anything else you add to it will be icing on the cake! GREAT JOB!

Last edited by Carlos3DGS; 05/23/12 13:52. Reason: Output tab

"The more you know, the more you realize how little you know..."

I <3 HORUS
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=401929&page=1