Quote:
-Just checked my GS install folder and my manuall is not placed there, wierd (I did not change anything in the gs folder). For me it is in the main intall folder and SED opens it correctly with F1. I just made a copy in the directory you specified and it opens, but that is a short help file. The one SED opens when you press F1 (with all the function explanations and stuff) is "acknex.chm". It would be more usefull for it to point to that (or even better if it pointed to the online manuall).

if i press F1 in horus i get the full german/english manual and not a short version.
by the way: just copy the chm you like in the mentioned directory and name it 3dgs_manual.chm and you have it wink

Quote:
It would be more usefull for it to point to that (or even better if it pointed to the online manuall).

in a future version i plan to implement context-sensitive help. retrieving data from the online manual is for this feature a wise solution.

Quote:
Mabe try run the code with A8 to get the log file it creates listing the errors and lines.

you´re right, the acklog could be a possible solution for this. but then i have to write a second parser (analyze the logfile) that have to run additionally. and the syntax-check of the engine is slower than my parser. next issue is the acknex startup-window. afaik i can not hide this, even if i run the exe with the Hidden-attribute. if this is true (i don´t remeber very well but i think i´ve checked this because my original idea was to use it), you would get an annoying topmost-window everytime you type something and so you can not work anymore.
this, and the bad cost-benefit ratio of this feature prevent me implementing this.

Quote:
that way we could also use the "Code-Jumper" To jump from error to error?

have you clicked on the error-notice? you will jump to the line with the error. correct it and click again on the notice to jump to the next (if a next error exist).

Quote:
Just came up with an idea for a nice new feature. Should be very fast and easy to implement but would be a treat for users...
"Save Project Template" or "Save Project Descktop" or "Include Project files"
The name dosn't really matter, but what it does is save a list of the files open, window positions, etc into a separate file. Then all we have to do is load that file and it will open all the files we need (the window positions and stuff like that is extra and not really needed). Opening a group of pre-defined files with just a couple of clicks would be great functionality!

this automatic include is already on my to-do list (see a few posts above).
i plan to implement 2 things:
1.) "reopen last files": everytime you close horus a list of the opened files will be stored in the configs and automatically reopen if you restart the editor. so you can continue where you´ve quit the last time. this is a basic feature of all common editors and till now missing in horus.
2.) "open include files": open all included codefiles.
together this 2 feature should fit the needs of most users.
the panel-layout is already stored and reloaded (arrange the editor as you like and restart).