I'm not for why ? ...

Well ... there are things on forecast page , that are here from two years or more like some terrain/vegetation editor ... Nothing appeared and there are always on the forecast frown

3DGS would need a great boost in terms of interface/tools, custom easy plugin/panels system (like LEadWerks 3D going to that direction, Unity 3D already features that) : It means lot of easy to use tools made by users like :
- complete 2D game solution
- Editor helpers
- RPG complete plugin system
- visual programming plugins
etc ...

That way a 3D engine grows very fast because there are a lot of users selling or giving these plugins.

Why im' against Linux/Apple ...
It needs lot of code rewrite and OpenGL also.

ANd really the mobile market is exploding ... What Conitec needs is really fast some mobile solution ... could it be Android or Apple.
All other 3D engine have that ... some indies engines like ESenthel have it , even LeadWErks 3D is going ot have it also soon .... Only another Torque 3D have only some 2D mobile solution, but thta's better than no mobile support !

This opens lot of doors to indie devs, little games can be lot more easy to make than targetting a complex and quality PC tittle.
And the selling mode is great on Apple Store also.
Some people after beegin success, made some little successfull studio !

3DG needs like i said a lot more "easy workflow" for 3D artists and people wanting to produce a game than coding.
Real Time Terrain editor, real time character physics capsule editor like in some other engines, real time physics adjustements for simple primitives etc ...

Well i really think Linux and Mac can really really wait laugh ...

And Conitec is one man project helped by users on 3DGS not a big team, so saving ressources to improve it and bring on the mobile i think it's a lot lot more good strategic choice than going in all directions at same time also !

I just hope 3DGS to adopt some today features like some totally new interface, plugin system ... just a wish !